A word of welcome
Welcome to the University of Ottawa’s Parents Association!
As a parent of a uOttawa student, you are now an important member of our campus community. As such, the Parents’ Association is available to you as a means of becoming involved in campus life. Read more >>
Services that parents should know about
Your child is too busy studying and can't find the time to know what services he/she has access to. Here is how you can help.
Before you ask, here is the answer!
uOttawa soars on global PSE scene rising 14 spots in Times Higher Education Top 200
After cracking the Top 200 in 2011 and ranking 185th in the world, uOttawa rises fourteen places this year to rank 171st. Only eight Canadian institutions made this year’s Top 200.
See all details about this ranking.
- Researchers and students of the Faculty of Social Sciences together under one roof.
For the first time ever in the history of the University of Ottawa’s Faculty of Social Sciences, its 10,000 students, 260 professors and 100 staff members are together under one roof, in the heart of the downtown campus. Read more.
- New research rankings confirm uOttawa’s standing as elite world research institution.
This year’s Research Universities of the Year rankings, published by Research Infosource Inc., place the University of Ottawa seventh overall. Read more.
Check out all events at uOttawa
- December 7–20: Examinations
- December 21 to January 2: Christmas and New Year’s holidays
- January 7: Courses begin – Winter session
- January 18: Last day for changes to course selection or program of studies
- February 18: Family Day
- February 17 to 23: Study Week
- March 15: Last day to withdraw from a course/activity with no financial credit
- March 29 to April 1: Easter break
- April 9: Courses end
- April 9: Students must follow their Friday course scheduling
- April 11 to 24: Examinations
- See more Important Dates
Showing how much you care
Distance is no longer an issue.
Order online and treat your child as if you were here.