Alumni Association » Call for nomination
The Nominations Committee will consider all nominations received as per the constitution.
Letter from the President of the Alumni Association
June 20th, 2012
To all alumni of the University of Ottawa;
You are a member of a distinguished group of people whose post-secondary school education was in part, or in whole, obtained from the University of Ottawa. While each of our programs, aspirations and experiences at the university were unique, we share a common bond of having attended and benefited from the university's offerings.
The Alumni Association is made up of 180,000 graduates who become automatic members upon graduation. The Alumni Association works to support the interests of alumni, investing in three key areas: the student experience, services for alumni and building links with the University community.
If you have some spare time and are interested in renewing or maintaining ties with the University, as well as interested in meeting and talking with our alumni about getting involved in the University, you may want to put your name forward for a position on the Alumni Association Board of Directors. Here's what we'll ask of you:
- That you represent all alumni, including but not limited to your own faculty and classmates;
- That you share ideas and react to proposals about how best to engage alumni in the University of Ottawa's work, and promote interest among alumni in attending alumni events;
- That you actively reach out to friends, neighbours, colleagues and associates to identify University of Ottawa alumni and encourage their involvement in the Association.
- That you attend in person at least 3 meetings annually, and participate in teleconferences as needed to discuss Alumni Association activities;
- That you regularly participate in Alumni Activities on campus, in Ottawa or in your region.
- That you be comfortable with the fact that the meetings can be conducted in either language
If time doesn't permit the kind of participation and commitment required for a Board member, but you may have some occasional time or support to offer, feel free to put your name forward as an occasional volunteer (we have some great events that you would certainly enjoy!) or as an ad-hoc committee member (where you'd have the chance to participate in award or event planning committees).
If you do have the time, we can find a place to make use of your talents and interest, so please don't be shy! Members and volunteers outside of the National Capital Region are particularly welcomed - the Alumni Association will reimburse your travel costs of attending events or Alumni Association Board meetings.
For more information or to submit an application please contact Alexandre Chaput at the Alumni Association office. (613)-562-5800 x3880 or by email alexandre.chaput@uOttawa.ca
Craig Haynes, President
University of Ottawa Alumni Association